Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finding Your Way to Cope with Loss and Grief

This is a reprint from a newsletter I wrote in November 2011, a month after my father suddenly died at age 69.

Over the course of 20 years, I have worked with a vast number of clients to heal from the grief of losing a loved one to death. In many cases, the loss came as a shock when the loved one died unexpectedly. In others, the loss is felt just as painfully when the passing was expected to happen due to illness or aging. In either circumstance, when we lose someone close to us, it is evident that on the emotional level, there is no such thing as time. The loss of a loved one can be felt for years, decades or even a lifetime.



To heal from the loss of a loved one, it is helpful to use techniques like hypnosis or guided imagery that go beyond your logical voice and connect with that part of you where true wisdom and healing take place.

Many of the unique imageries, symbols and affirmations that I use with my clients and in my Audio Hypnosis Recordings have been born out of my own journey towards peace and serenity.

"I am standing in a beautiful green meadow. There are shade trees and a brilliant blue sky up above. My father is there and he is young and healthy and smiling at me. I begin to cry. He says, "You don't have to be sad. What is real can never be taken from you." I reply, "Then are you saying that you were never real? Because you are not with me any more." He looks at me with such compassion in his eyes and he speaks with such certainty, "Now, I am always with you."

Then, I hand him my pain and sorrow in the form of a dark ball of energy. He transforms it into orange butterflies that rise above us and spread out over the green meadow. I feel as if a heaviness inside has released and I am ready to face the day with love and hope in my heart."

May you all know this peace. I would be honored to help you on your own journey to heal grief,
Rebecca Shaw, CCH Owner and Director
Charleston Hypnosis Center

No comments:

Post a Comment